Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Working in Kigali

So, I'm still here in the office in Kigali. I work during the day, go to the gym or run after work, and go out on weekends. I've actually forced myself to get out and meet people in Kigali. Not normally something I do, but its either that or sit at home. I've met some cool Rwandans and a few cool ex-pats.

In the office, I'm working on creating a training manual for small scale coffee farmers in Rwanda. Its a pretty basic thing, lots of pictures, translated into Kinyarwanda. Its meant as a general guide and something that can be used by people with little education. I think its a good idea, but a touch boring. Its like writing a term paper.

Today, I talked with the regional head of T-S. I asked him, "so, do you have a vision for what exactly my role is here?" He told me that I'm going to be trying to implement the coffee agronomy program in Tanzania, Kenya and Ethiopia, as soon as we work out the kinks in Rwanda. He talked about travelling a lot. So, that sounds sweet. We'll see.

Going to Nairobi on Friday to visit friends. 5 AM flight, 3 AM check in. 1 hour flight.

Here's a few pics of Kigali.


PS - I'd take more pictures, but its hard from the back of a motorcycle taxi. Stay tuned...

No comments: